Re: Printing technique in Piece Touchee (Martin Arnold)

From: Pip Chodorov (email suppressed)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2006 - 18:14:43 PDT

I call it printing in mirror, which is flipping left/right as opposed
to top/bottom. There are actually four flipping directions, if you
include rotating and rotating and flipping. Mirror printing is clear

I did some 16mm contact printer tests this week using flipping and
bipack printing through hi-con masks, if anyone is interested. It's an 80MB file so you need a
fast connection, and it works with Firefox and Quicktime player but
not Safari.


>On 8/26/06, John Powers-
>"What is that called? Reverse printing?"
>Reverse printing is when the action is printed last frame first so
>that it appears to move backwards. Inversion of left/right axis is
>usually called "Flipping" or "Floppinng", we use to write it on the
>work print "Flip this scene"
>The good old Steenbeck/bench days....

For info on FrameWorks, contact Pip Chodorov at <email suppressed>.