Re: [Frameworks] 16mm leader question

From: Todd Eacrett <>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 12:54:36 -0700

Look or ask for Black Opaque Leader -- the stuff used for A/B roll editing. It's clear acetate with a totally opaque black coating, but silverless as opposed to lightstruck emulsion leader.

I purchased some at Gassers a few years ago. They had it spooled down into 100/200/400 foot rolls.

Todd Eacrett
Victoria BC Canada

Ok, this is probably a really stupid question, but I'm interested in doing
some scratching on 16mm. I was going to go to the local camera shop and get
some black leader for this purpose, but I'm theorizing that most black
leader isn't light struck acetate anymore. Will what I buy from them, and
they probably sell what most standard suppliers sell now, will that be
scratchable? I'm going to get it at Adolph Gassers, specificity for San
Francisco folks. Or I could order something else from somewhere else, if
anyone could guide me to the correct place to order from. Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks!


Check my myspace page for my streaming films and info -
or facebook for updates on my upcoming screenings, etc. -

FrameWorks mailing list

FrameWorks mailing list
Received on Tue Jul 12 2011 - 12:54:45 CDT