Re: Draping film

From: Jim Carlile (email suppressed)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2008 - 11:35:58 PDT

Draping means to hang it over something.
Example--when you process 35mm film, you could drape it over a desk or a
shelf so it could dry. Draping is more casual, more sloppy, than 'hanging.' You
would hang the film on hooks, say, but just 'drape' it over a doorway-- it's
like 'throwing' it, but not quite so rough.
What's the context-- the complete sentence?
In a message dated 3/28/2008 11:12:41 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
email suppressed writes:

Hi all,

Im reading a text here about some cinema works and there is an
expression I dont understand (im Spanish, so English is not my
motherīs tongue, you see). I wonder if someone could tell me what the
meaning of "DRAPING 35MM COLOR FILM" is. My dictionary says DRAPE
means to cover something, like a curtain or something like that, but I
dont really get it. Does it mean to display celuloid hanging? I really
need your help. I asked other people and they didnt understand

Thank you so much.

**************Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on AOL

For info on FrameWorks, contact Pip Chodorov at <email suppressed>.