Re: ST8

From: amanda christie (email suppressed)
Date: Wed Feb 22 2006 - 01:40:58 PST

i've always heard of the stocks like ST8, 3378, and
7378 referred to as "optical stocks" since they're
used for making "opticals" or "optical
soundtracks"... i've also heard of them being referred
to as "sound track film"....

but usually just "optical stock"
(which seems kind of silly to me, since all film is
essentially optical, but whatever)

> Good point, I was thinking of them as being print
> stocks too, but you are right they aren't really are
> they, would these be called intermediate stocks?
> Is there a word that covers all of these non camera
> stocks?


Find your next car at

For info on FrameWorks, contact Pip Chodorov at <email suppressed>.