Re: [Frameworks] Help!

From: Cari Machet <>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 13:00:14 -0400

you need to use a special paint
the one stan used last was a paint used for glass or ceramics
you can buy them at a good art supply store
please email me if you cannot find it i will try and help you
then you have to do an optical print of the film
you could also do a digital transfer scanning in the strip
then you can hold certain frames for longer...
and the actual painted frames would not go through a projector

goog luck


On 9/20/11, Bola de Fuego <> wrote:
> Hi!
> I´m new to this forum, and my question is about hand painted film.
> I was making some research for a thing I have to make and found some
> beautiful hand painted films, then I tried to find information about it on
> the web and didn´t found much....
> Can somebody help me? I found some Stan Brakhage examples and images of the
> film strip itself but don´t know if I have to do it with an special ink or
> paint in undeveloped film or not or if that´s my choice...
> Can somebody help me with that?
> Thank you very much!
> Issa García Ascot
> _______________________________________________
> FrameWorks mailing list

Cari Machet
NYC 646-436-7795
AIM carismachet
Skype carimachet - 646-652-6434
Syria +963-099 277 3243
Amman +962 077 636 9407
Twitter: _at_carimachet <>
FrameWorks mailing list
Received on Tue Sep 20 2011 - 10:01:01 CDT