Re: UK regulations for visiting artists

From: Raymond Salvatore Harmon (email suppressed)
Date: Tue Apr 14 2009 - 08:36:17 PDT

I still can't find an actual link or site that details the changes mentioned here. I recently applied for a visa sponsorship license for the Equinox Festival. Although the license does cost a bit upfront once you get it the entry forms are only £10 per artist. They take about 5 minutes to fill out online and only ask for passport details.

That said this is all concerning artists who are being paid to be in the UK. Anyone coming who is not being paid (for instance most visiting filmmakers) can do so on a visitors entry visa (what you get when you show up).

If I am wrong about this please post a link as I have just gone through the paper work recently.

Beyond all of this I do really wish that the UK and US could come up with an employment exchange system like the UK has with the EU. Something that would allow open exchange of workers in any field across the board. It would greatly benefit both economies.


Hotmail® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast.

For info on FrameWorks, contact Pip Chodorov at <email suppressed>.