From: Dinorah de Jesús Rodriguez (email suppressed)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2009 - 11:42:29 PST

this would be if you want to project the film as 8mm. yes, you
definitely need the right kind of film for that, as pointed out here.

if, however, you are interested in the "quartered" effect that some
have described here with four 8mm frames appearing inside of each
16mm frame, two of them appearing upside down, you can use regular
16mm film and project it as such. this process does not require the
splitting of the film down the middle nor the extra perfs.

you definitely have some options here.

enjoy today...

Dinorah de Jesús Rodríguez
Film/Video Artist and Freelance Writer

On Feb 23, 2009, at 12:49 PM, Theodore King wrote:

> Miriam,
> You also need to find the correct film for the camera, because even
> though the film is originally 16 as it goes through the camera it
> need perforation on both sides and double the number that normal 16
> has. The only place I know of to find such film is at:
> They take regular 16 and add the proper perforations, and shorten
> it to 25ft. Just make sure you get regular 8 film (which is what
> they will call it) and not super8 there is a big difference.
> tk
> __________________________________________________________________
> For info on FrameWorks, contact Pip Chodorov at <email suppressed>.

For info on FrameWorks, contact Pip Chodorov at <email suppressed>.