From: JEFFREY PAULL (email suppressed)
Date: Wed Feb 18 2009 - 03:23:35 PST
Perhaps you'd care to answer some of the questions below.
Your situation is so important (and miserable) to you, more info would help to give well-thought-out answers.
40 hours a week? What prevents you, presently, from getting stuff done when you're away from your internship?
How/why your internship in the first place? School credits? Only way to later better work?
What's so sceamingly bad? Boring? Co-workers? What's being made?
Why do you deserve better?
If you could wave that magic wand, WHAT SORT OF MOVIE WOULD YOU MAKE? WHY?
Exp. filmmakers I know -
- Has an independant source of money,
- Is a househusband (w/ part time seasonal work) and the wife/partner brings home the bacon -
2 kids, makes one movie evry 3-4 years,
- Teaches full time, so does his wife, one kid, made a number of very high quality films previous to teaching,
- Scrounges to make a living, 2 kids, divorced,
- Is a postie, starts very early, but home by 2pm. (And his partner, not an artist, works as well.) No kids.
- after 7 years scrounging work has reliable editing job (cable "house" show) work in which he has no personal interest,
but $$$ so he can take months off between seasons or gigs,
- knows how to write grant applications, and their previous work already merits grants for further work
For info on FrameWorks, contact Pip Chodorov at <email suppressed>.