anybody need a destroyed video camera?

From: David Tetzlaff (email suppressed)
Date: Thu Nov 20 2008 - 16:43:17 PST

Canon generally repairs 'consumer' model camcorders on a flat rate,
which you can find either on the web or (more likely) calling the 800
number. So fixing your 'destroyed camera' would be the same price as
fixing one with a minor problem. You may want to consider this
depending on how much you like the camera. Current DV camcorders have
been dumbed-down to the point of uselessness for most serious making:
no mic inputs, no headphone outs, no manual exposure. An older camera
with proper features may be more servicable, and paying to get
(what's left of) yours overhauled may be a better bet than going for
a pig-in-poke replacement on eBay.

For info on FrameWorks, contact Pip Chodorov at <email suppressed>.