From: Jay McBride (email suppressed)
Date: Thu Oct 16 2008 - 10:14:46 PDT
Independent Exposure Halloweird 2008
Independent Exposure - Halloweird Edition 2008 at Bollyhood Cafe in the
Wednesday, October 29th
8:00 pm, $6.00 / 21+
After Party with DJ Dulcinea
and Scary Drink Specials!
3372 19th St. @ Mission
San Francisco, CA. 94110
INDEPENDENT EXPOSURE HALLOWEIRD EDITION 2008
Halloweird has become a yearly institution for Independent Exposure -
bringing audiences the best in hallowed, strange, gross, controversial, odd
and just plain weird films and this year's program is no different. Themes
ponder death, solitude and alienation, from the ironic homage to the
cemetery of ‘The Green Grass of Twilight’ to revisiting a relationship
between a T-Rex and a Pterodactyl in ‘Transrexia’, or the obsessive body
maintenance of ‘Little Clips’, this program is sure leave audiences
appropriately unsettled for Halloween. This Rated X version features an
added bonus, ‘Le Feu au Cul’ which will give you a whole new perspective on
the muscle car!
17 suitably weird and brilliantly strange shorts collected from around the
* Mama directed by Hester Scheurwater
* By the Kissdirected by Yann Gonzalez
* Discussion y Lagrimas directed by Rafaël
* A Message from Mary Davis directed by Pekka Sassi
* Bowled Over directed by Sietske Tjallingii
* The Mark directed by Tom Barndt
* Loka "Tabernacle 1" directed by Kathleen Lorden
* Transrexia directed by Aurelio Voltaire
* The Green Grass of Twilight directed by Richie Sherman
* Il Etait Encore des Fois (Once Upon Many Times) directed by Liliana Nunez
* Tralala (Director's Cut) directed by Magali Charrier
* Fantaisie in Bubblewrap directed by Arthur Metcalf
* Little Clips directed by Julie Perini
* Infinite Justice directed by Marjorie Bendeck
* Blissful directed by Rainer Ziehm
* Kaltes Klares Wasser directed by Hester Scheurwater
* Le Feu au Cul(X Rated) directed by Laurent Vincent
ABOUT INDEPENDENT EXPOSURE
Microcinema's Independent Exposure is a touring screening program of
independent films, videos, and digital art that has been in existence since
1996. The tour has presented the short film, video and digital works of over
1600 artists at hundreds of microcinemas and alternative venues and
festivals in 44 countries, including Palestine, Antarctica and the even the
base camp at Mt Everest.
With Generous Support from Panasonic Broadcast
The Art of the Moving Image
Microcinema's mission is to curate, exhibit, distribute and promote the
works of innovative international moving image artists.
We do this by...
-INDEPENDENT EXPOSURE: Microcinema's Independent Exposure is a touring
screening program of independent films, videos, and digital art that has
been in existence since 1996. Independent Exposure is also screened
worldwide at various microcinemas and alternative venues and festivals
around the world. Microcinema has presented the short film, video and
digital works of over 1600 artists in 44 countries and Antarctica.
-BLACKCHAIR LABEL: A DVD label dedicated to promulgating DVDs of moving
-MICROCINEMA DVD DISTRIBUTION: A distribution company that focuses on the
selling and licensing of DVD works from around the world. We also specialize
in DVD EXHIBITION.
Microcinema International | 1636 Bush Street #2 | San Francisco | CA | 94109
For info on FrameWorks, contact Pip Chodorov at <email suppressed>.