From: ADAM ABRAMS (email suppressed)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2008 - 12:43:37 PDT
WHAT: Jefferson Presents #88
WHEN: Saturday, March 29 @ 8PM
WHERE: Garfield Artworks, 4931 Penn Ave.
HOW MUCH: $5, $4 students
The March Jefferson Presents… screening includes a varied mix of experimental film styles spanning six decades of filmmaking including a classic by dadaist Hans Richter, psychedelic optical films, a sixties radical activist film, an appearance by John Cage and some eighties NYC downtown scene documents. All projected in original 16mm. Adults over 18 only and some films could be unsafe for anyone prone to seizures.
Titles are below, please visit our website for complete descriptions:http://www.geocities.com/jeffersonpresents
1. Hans Richter -EVERYTHING TURNS, EVERYTHING REVOLVES: EXCERPT (1929) b&w, sound, 3.5 min
2. Paul Sharits - WINTERCOURSE (1962) 16mm, black and white, silent, 12 min
3. Ken Jacobs - WINDOW (1964) 16mm, color, silent, 12 min
4. Ken Jacobs - AIRSHAFT (1967) 16mm, color, silent, 4 min
5. Leonard M. Henny - THE RESISTANCE (1968) 16mm, color, sound, 16.5 min
6. Gordon Payne - TANTRA I (1969) 16mm, color & b/w, silent, 7.5 min
7. Jud Yalkut - JOHN CAGE MUSHROOM HUNTING IN STONY POINT (1973) 16mm, color, silent, 7 min
8. Tom Chomont - THE HEAVENS/EARTH (1978) 16mm, color, silent, 6 min
9. Tom Chomont - MINOR REVISIONS (1979) 16mm, color, silent, 13.5 min
10. Tom Chomont - RAZOR HEAD (1984) 16mm, color, silent, 4 min
11. Henry Hills - MONEY (1985) 16mm, color, sound, 14.5 min
12. Henry Hills - SSS (1988) 16mm, color, sound, 5.5 min
In a rush? Get real-time answers with Windows Live Messenger.
For info on FrameWorks, contact Pip Chodorov at <email suppressed>.