Re: B/w reversal lab

From: 40 Frames (email suppressed)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2008 - 23:04:26 PST

ORWO unfortunately does not make a B/W reversal print stock, B/W neg only.

Interneg is now the only route for making prints from reversal camera
stocks. I stopped
shooting reversal when Kodak stopped making 7361.

I think 7231 and 7222 look very nice, and much can be done to increase
contrast, etc. ORWO also has
two very fine stocks... UN54 and N74. ORWO will send you samples if you ask,
usually in 200' rolls on cores.
If you want to order some, find a lab that is printing on ORWO and see if
they can order some camera neg for
you on their next order of stock and save you a bundle on shipping. I think
UN54 looks comparable to 7231.

I've noticed most labs are now printing on 3302 (estar) instead of 7302
(acetate), so it may be that Kodak will soon
phase out 7302 in the coming months/years?

If you ment to say "process" instead of print reversal, then one can still
find a number of places to do this work.

Alpha Cine and Cinelab being two.


On 1/23/08, Jeff Kreines <email suppressed> wrote:
> On Jan 23, 2008, at 11:01 PM, Karen Treanor wrote:
> > Does anyone know where I can have a b/w reversal print made (on the
> > East Coast)?
> Kodak discontinued 7361, which was their B&W reversal stock.
> They also discontinued all of their color reversal stocks.
> Don't know if Orwo makes any reversal print stocks.
> Sad times indeed.
> __________________________________________________________________
> For info on FrameWorks, contact Pip Chodorov at <email suppressed>.

Alain LeTourneau
Pamela Minty
425 SE 3rd #400
Portland, OR 97214
United States
+1 503 231 6548
For info on FrameWorks, contact Pip Chodorov at <email suppressed>.