Re: Super 8 Hervic Splicing Tape

From: Jim Carlile (email suppressed)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2007 - 16:15:00 PST

It's actually called the 'Minette" splicer, only in the U.S. is it the
Besides EBAY, check Spectra or Super 8 Sound in L.A., maybe Yale labs.
In a pinch, as a long shot, ask one of the relatives here:
They're owned by the Herscovik family. One of the brothers imported this
splicer into the country ( that's the "Hervic.") I think his name was Otto. For
years he was driving around L.A. selling the splices out of the trunk of his
car, and they may be able to track some down for you, if you get the right
person-- the last I heard, he still had a lot of Hervic and Beaulieu stuff in
his garage-- I'm sure there are some around, probably quite a few.
But the newer ones have dried out, so you may need to help them along by
gently prying them apart from the paper backing.

************************************** See what's new at

For info on FrameWorks, contact Pip Chodorov at <email suppressed>.