From: Pip Chodorov (email suppressed)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2007 - 16:50:15 PDT
For the third year, Re:Voir/The Film Gallery will
have a booth at the FIAC, the international
contemporary art fair in Paris, Oct 17-22. We are
the only gallery to introduce experimental film
as an art form alongside painting, video,
installation, sculpture... Only one other gallery
will have a 16mm projector in their booth, and
they are renting it from us. This year we are
showing works that valorize film as a strip.
It is difficult to convince collectors and
institutions to take film seriously. If any of
you have contacts with institutions that could be
interested in these works, it would be great if
you could pass the word on. Some of these pieces
are available for acquisition for the first time.
The Kubelka piece is celebrating its 50th
anniversary this year as the first structural
This year we will be showing:
- Hans Richter, silkscreen of scroll painting:
"FUGUE 1923/1976" #7/10 340cm x 61 cm
- Takahiko Iimura, 16mm loop installation "LOOP SEEN AS A LINE" 1972
- Peter Kubelka, "ADEBAR" wall hanging of 16mm strips. #1/5 1957.
- Paul Sharits, drawings. See http://paulsharits.com/images/Sharits_Drawings/.
- Jonas Mekas, 18 frame blowups of varying sizes
from our partner Galerie du Jour (Agnès B)
- Christian Lebrat, VOLUME (1997) 40x250,
ABSORPTION I (1993) 25x120, TTTRRRR #1 (2006)
As well as works by Maurice Lemaître, Jean-Jacques Lebel, Hugues Reip, Fluxus.
A 16mm projector with a loop will be showing
films by some of these authors continuously.
If any FrameWorkers are in Paris, please feel
free to contact me to visit the fair. And please
wish us luck!
For info on FrameWorks, contact Pip Chodorov at <email suppressed>.