From: H.A. Lawson (email suppressed)
Date: Thu May 24 2007 - 09:47:21 PDT
I would recommend Scott MacDonald's book "The Garden in the Machine: A
Field Guide to Independent Films About Place" for theory and for good
general reference. The book covers many of the films and artists you and
others mentioned, and pays particular attention to how artists deal with
issues of time and memory in the places they live.
On Tue, May 22, 2007 8:13 am, gyoungblood wrote:
- Can anyone recommend writings about diary films, especially theoretical
- writings or ones that discuss different kinds of films which might be
- considered "diaries," and what the different genres and criteria are? If
- there's a thread that might be in the Frameworks archive, let me know.
- Also film/video makers known for diary work. I've thought of the
- Michel Auder
- Gordon Ball
- Robert Huot
- George Kuchar
- Boris Lehman
- Ross McElwee
- Jonas Mekas
- David Perlov
- Anne Robertson
- Gene Youngblood
- Department of Moving Image Arts
- The College of Santa Fe
- 1600 St. Michael's Drive
- Santa Fe, NM. 87505 USA
- Vox: +1.505.473.6406
- Fax: +1.505.473.6403
- Office: email suppressed
- Home: email suppressed
- For info on FrameWorks, contact Pip Chodorov at <email suppressed>.
For info on FrameWorks, contact Pip Chodorov at <email suppressed>.