Re: pillarboxing?

From: Freya (email suppressed)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2006 - 13:24:27 PDT

--- "Pierce, Greg" <email suppressed> wrote:

> Hi, Jeff.

I know I'm not Jeff but I thought I would try and
help! :)

> Could you define pillarboxing? Thanks.

Pillarboxing, is like the opposite of letterboxing. It
means you get black bars at the sides instead of top
and bottom.

It's for making narrower things fit into wider spaces
such as for viewing older 4:3 tv programs on 16:9 tv

Don't know if that helps, maybe Jeff will pop up and
give a better explanation if mine is rubbish. :)



Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around

For info on FrameWorks, contact Pip Chodorov at <email suppressed>.