From: C Keefer (email suppressed)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2006 - 21:40:16 PDT
1. The piece listed as: "Jordan Belson - Le Lumigraph d'Oskar Fischinger"
isn't actually an article, P. de la Couleur simply used a short 2 paragraph excerpt from Belson's testimonial statement on Fischinger, which can be found in William Moritz's Optical Poetry (2004), available on amazon.com or through John Libbey (UK) or Indiana Univ. Press (US).
2. Moritz's Musique chromatique - Cinéma intégral is online at
3. Fischinger's article can be found in English or German through Fischinger Archive or Center for Visual Music. Though not online now, it will be in the near future.
4. The Ruttman piece may be his "Farbfilm" in Walter Ruttmann: Eine Dokumentation, Jeanpaul Goergen, Ed. (Freunde der Deutschen Kinemathek), ISBN 3-927876-00-3
5. Lye, "Voice and Colour" - Life and Letters Today, XIV (Spring 1936), p. 164-169
6. From Lye's bibliography which appears in Bouhours & Horrock's "Len Lye" (Center Pompidou), ISBN 2-84426-034-9:
"Experiment in Colour," World Film News, December 1936, p 33
"Notes on a Short Colour Film," Life and Letters Today XV (1936)
"The Man who was Colourblind," Sight and Sound IX (Spring), 1940, p 6-7
The Lye 1937 piece in Poetique dlC does not appear by that title in that Lye bibliography, of Ecrits de Len Lye.
Typo noted: yann beauvais' first name is spelled with only 2 n's
Center for Visual Music
>Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 15:57:28 -0400
>From: Philip Hood <email suppressed>
>Subject: Po=?iso-8859-1?Q?=E9tique?= De La Couleur / (Last Angel o f History)
> This message is in MIME format. The first part should be readable text,
> while the remaining parts are likely unreadable without MIME-aware tools.
> =09Please find the table of contents of
> =09the Auditorium de Louvre's publication
> =09of the
> =09=09Po=E9tique De La Couleur
> =09at Public 16's small "Cinema Texts" archive:
> =09About 1/3 of these articles are pre 1950s and
> =09there may be public sources for them. Should anyone
> =09know of these, or are interested in providing
> =09other excerpts or other data on these articles
> =09or where these articles might be easily found,
> =09do let me know.
> =09Should there be some error in that listing, please
> =09shoot me an email and we can get this corrected.
For info on FrameWorks, contact Pip Chodorov at <email suppressed>.