Re: interlacing two videos together?

From: Jackie Hatfield (email suppressed)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2006 - 05:27:57 PST

hello Sarah - you can do it as an 1. analogue interpolated frame thro' a time base corrector or 2. a digital editing process final cut pro etc - you can render a new movie after converting to a interpolated frame. 3. You can shoot also from a camera - not sure of the technical term.

ltr jackie

From:  gregg biermann <(address suppressed)>
Reply-To:  Experimental Film Discussion List <(address suppressed)>
To:  (address suppressed)
Subject:  Re: interlacing two videos together?
Date:  Fri, 24 Mar 2006 08:08:44 -0500
>Hi Sarah,
>I did this in a piece "Field Study" (2004) just using Photoshop and
>Aftereffects. In Photoshop I simply made an image that alternated
>between black and white horizontal lines of one pixel thickness.
>Then I applied this image as mattes to video sequences (in this case
>landscape with a great deal of motion) in the compositing
>software.The result is a flickering single frame effect that is
>vibrating at 1/60th of a second -- a curious sensation. Also it only
>works on an NTSC monitor -- on a computer monitor you only see one
>of your video streams.
>Sarah Kanouse wrote:
>>Hello all,
>>I was hoping to pick the collective brain and perhaps be referred
>>to  a software tool.  I'm interested in combining the upper field
>>of one  digital video with the lower field of another.  Any ideas
>>on how to  do this?  Any existing tools out there?
>>Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
>>For info on FrameWorks, contact Pip Chodorov at <(address suppressed)>.
>For info on FrameWorks, contact Pip Chodorov at <(address suppressed)>.

__________________________________________________________________ For info on FrameWorks, contact Pip Chodorov at <(address suppressed)>.